Thursday, June 16, 2011

We Go Together Like.... Oil and Water

Day 16: Mason Jar

BORING!  That's what I thought about having to take a picture of a mason jar.  Surprise.... I had fun doing it!  Several summers ago I taught science classes with my friend Amy.  One of my favorite things was always mixing oil and vinegar or water.  I just love the colors floating around in big gloopy bubbles.  So, I tried to capture that in my photo.  
More challenging than taking the picture, was what to bore you, my friends and followers with:)  But as I enjoyed a few peaceful moments playing mad scientist, I realized this picture perfectly depicts the Doddle and I, especially this week.  We are so much alike, but are so very different.  Sometimes, as my friend Kate would say "we are not friends". And there are days when I think she is so perfect I want to freeze her in time!  There have been moments when I wonder what planet she came from and how can I send her back.  There have also been moments when we have laughed and giggled and shared a joke and it seems that we are in perfect rhythm.  Tonight, as I sang "You Are My Sunshine", Doodle got so tickled she couldn't stop laughing.  Feeling her body jump against my chest made me giggle.  Soon we were both laughing so hard, we could barely finish our song.  In those moments our oil vs. water personalities mix together to make something beautiful and perfect, if only for a fleeting moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment