Monday, June 20, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Day 19: Summertime
It's been another Monday around here!  Another un-friend kind of day.  I have finally realized that even thought I don't leave to go to a job, I dread Monday as much as the next person.  I think it is the reality that the solo parenting starts again.  As does the solo house keeping, cleaning, dog walking, and everything else it takes to make this house run  crawl.  To make matters even more entertaining, Doodle has been struck with a horrible case of the toddler stutter.  I love my child.  I promise I do.  But the constant repetition of whole words is like nails on the chalkboard.   The shining bright spot in my day was getting to play with the camera.  I think I should name it, you all know how much I like to name things:)  Any suggestions?  Anyway, I was a day late with yesterday's challenge: Summertime.  I can think of a million things that say summer time, but it's been a cloudy, rainy, dreary few days around us.  So today as I sat down in a moment of peace and quiet, I looked out the window and saw our neighbor Japurb's lawn mower laying on its' side.  It just made me think of all the summer hours we spend outside in our courtyard.  So I snuck outside and snapped a few pictures.  Then I came in a played on my iphone with it and came up with this:

Day 20: Water
Today's challenge was easier to photograph.  Water, plenty of it around here.  As I walked inside this morning, I noticed some rain drops left in a spider web on Doodle's outdoor climber.  I immediately thought of my dad's cousin Barbara.  My dad sent her a video of Doodle, she and I became friends on Facebook, and I learned what a fantastic photographer she is.  She has really inspired me to play with my camera and see the beauty in the details.  So when I saw the water drops, I knew that I wanted to capture that beauty.  I think I managed to do Barbara proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment