Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sour Then Sweet

Day 25: Citrus

I had no citrus fruit in my house.  I had no ambition to find some.  I almost gave up.  I was having a blah kind of day.  Tired and lazy, and no motivation to get out of my pajamas let alone take a creative picture.  After I got Doodle down for her nap, I decided I would take a picture of the Lemonhead bag, because in my mind the lemon face on the logo looked cranky and sour and it fit my mood.  When I got the bag out, that stupid lemon face had a big old cheezy grin on it's oblong face.  It did not help my mood! Then I decided I would make fake lemons using balls from Izzy defunct ball bit (I now have 200+ balls with no pit.  Note to self, order new ball pit soon).  Then I remembered I did in fact have some lemon juice.  So I totally decided to have a still life of fake lemonness.  I used a new app for the mac (isplash) and did some selective coloring.  I got a little tickled by my mockery of citrus.

The day was not done, and my mood was still as sour as the lemon heads chased by the lemon juice.  My Favoritest walked in the door tired and cranky and picking up my messes from the day (a habit that makes me want to tie his hands behind his back).  This in turn made me more cranky and sour.  After a quick family dinner we agreed to take Doodle to the pool for a night swim.  Sometime between the shock of the cool water, the numerous repetitions of "Noble Duke of York" and a couple of swims to find number 4,5,6, and 7 on the wall, my lemony mood changed and was a sweet as the inside of a lemonhead.  It was so sweet that I didn't even get sour when my Favoritest got called back into work. As an added bonus, my Favoritest who does not like the pool used his "on call" status as an excuse to sit on the lounge chair (he didn't think to get up and get closer or a different angle) and take pictures of Doodle and I in the water.   Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
She love to hang on the side of the wall all by herself

No comments:

Post a Comment