Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love From Above

Day 7: High Angle


Last night at about 10:00, after a long day with Doodle, an absent husband, and very few "to dos" checked off the list, I was ready to go to bed.  As I was summoning the energy to get up off the couch and go upstairs, the Beagle decided to vomit his dinner all over the hardwood floors.  As I started to clean it up, I was eternally grateful he didn't find carpet.  As luck would have it, he continued to have an upset stomach. I let him out 2 or 3 more times.  I was concerned enough that I followed him around with a flashlight making sure there was nothing worrisome in his emesis.  Now I must confess something.  I am almost 33 years old and I am still terrified of the dark.  Hate it!  Run from my car to the house if I am alone kind of terrified.  Guess I shouldn't have read so much Stephen King and James Patterson.  Letting the dog out  multiple times in pitch black dark without any backup was not my idea of a good night.  So as I swept the flashlight from one side of the yard to the other I was checking for the Beagles messes, but also for the Boogie Monster that  might be lurking in the corner.  When I swept the light behind a bush, I saw something that made me smile.  Made me feel a little bit loved.  And something that distracted me enough that I wasn't quite as scared.



Now remember, I am terrified of the dark, so obviously I did not stop to get out the step ladder and take the picture at night!  But look closely behind the bush.  There is a red heart.  It is the ribbon from a bag of dog food.  It has been there for several days.  It must have landed that way (or I have 2 talented dogs).  I liked it, so I have left it there.  Last night, it served it's purpose.  I wasn't so scared.  
So today's assignment was to take a "high angle" photo.  Hope you all like this as much as I do.  It's still in my yard.  I will leave it there for a while.  To me it's God's way of making me take a second and smile each time I see it!

1 comment:

  1. My heart is with ya on your closing ribbon of thought above. Love the photo. Especially love the way you write; like a chocolate river flowing through a marshmallow valley that's been misted with rainbow sprinkles. (My sis, Patty, agrees, too)

    ReplyDelete