Monday, June 6, 2011

Old and New

Day 6: Books
For an avid reader, taking a picture of books seemed like a super simple thing.  I decided to take a picture of all the books Doddle and I read together throughout the day.  So after I put her to bed, I layed all the books out and got on the step stool and took the picture.  I sat down on the couch to upload the pictures to the computer.  I also took a second to double check the list of photos.  When I checked, I saw a picture of some old books.  At almost the same time, I looked up on my build in book shelf and happened upon a favorite spot in my house.  I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.   The shelf that the books sit on, has a nice mixture of old and new.  It is just above the TV and I often find myself looking up at it while deep in thought.
The books ( a five volume set of Edgar Allan Poe) were published in 1903.  I asked for them for Hanukkah when I was sixteen.  I love looking through old books.  I always wonder about where they have been and who they belonged to.  The tea pot and cup and saucer were my paternal grandfathers.  The Weird Georgia book I brought back as a prize for my Favoritest after a girls weekend in Savannah. Everything in this frame makes me smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment