Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 Challenge

So, I happened upon A Feathered Nest: Photo Fun in June-come join the party! It was a 30 day photo challenge.   I have been thinking about doing a 365 photo project, but that seemed overwhelming, this seems like something I could possibly complete.  So I started yesterday.  The challenge gives a photo challenge for each day.  Today while doing some deep thinking in the shower, I decided that this would also be a great opportunity to get back to my blog, and figure out what I want this blog to be about.  So here is the picture from Day One
Self Portrait of Exhausted Me
June 1st was Self Portrait day.  I of course procrastinated all day, and was left with nothing but my Iphone and a frizzy head of hair, sitting by the bath tub while Doodle played in the water.  It had been a really long 2 days.  I had honestly only seen My Favoritest for maybe 3 minutes (through sleep encrusted eyes) in the last 48 hours.  Six meals and 48 hours as a solo mom had left me feeling haggard and impatient.  So there I sat, taking self portraits with my phone.  Holding it down low to avoid all my jiggly bits.  I kept getting these horrid mean looking faces.  My smiles looked fake.  It wasn't me.  So I decided to see what happened if I took a picture of myself while I was watching Doddle play.  And this is what I got.  It might be one of my favorite pictures of myself.  
A while ago I saw Maya Angelo on Oprah.  She was talking about the best gift to give to your children. She said to look at them so they can see the love on your face.  That was not a verbatim quote, but you get the point. I have really been trying to do that not only with Doodle, but with My Favoritest too.  I think this picture of me captures love.  Hopefully those I love see this face often!

No comments:

Post a Comment