Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Baby Girl

Day 18: Eyes
Zoe is the last member of the family to make it into the photo challenge.  She was mine before my Favoritest and Doodle were ever even thought about.   I got her right after I graduated from college.  My friend Katie's mom rescued her from a farm in South GA.  I saw her (and her brother) late one night.  I went home, had a few beers and told my friend Josh that I was getting that brown dog and I was going to name him Brody. Josh told me it was an ugly dog and was going to get huge!. Well, he was a she, and I named her Zoe.  In the sober light of day, she was ugly (had mange and was pretty sick) but I already loved her.  Josh was also right that she got bigger than I thought she would.  My dad said it was a mistake.   That was 11 years ago. Now he agrees that she was the best mistake I have made.  She has been a wonderful companion.  She is protective, affectionate, playful, and beautiful.  She thinks my Favoritest is the best thing I ever brought home.  She lets Logan (our beagle) have the big dog bed and wrestles with him even when she is achy and tired.  She is terrorized by Doodle, but if she hears her waking up in the morning she sits outside her bedroom door.  I often worry that her time will come before Doodle is old enough to remember her.  She drives me crazy, but I couldn't imagine the last decade of my life without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment