Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Flight of the Toddler

Day 15: Action


I am happy to report that Doodle and I both woke up on the less cranky side of our beds.  Which is a miracle for Doodle considering she was trying to help Abby Cadabby get her fairy freckles back until about 10:00 last night and started the day laughing like the Count (Ah-Ah-Ah) at 6:45.  I was prepared for another long day filled with lots of toddler drama.  Surprisingly, we had a long day filled with lots of fun and only a little toddler drama.  It seems that my usually happy-go-lucky kid has turned into a surly teenage at the ripe old age of 2.8!  She isn't happy with anything she has, changes her mind at the drop of a hate, and is the bossiest kid since Junie B. Jones.  Needless to say, it has been challenging to keep her happy and keep me sane.  Today's photo challenge was simply "action". In an effort to keep Doodle busy, happy, and exhaust in preparation for a good nap, we were very busy this morning. There was lots of action, just little chance to take pictures.  At least the "keep her busy, keep her happy" part of the plan worked.   I wasn't too worried about a picture.  Last night during our "change your mood tickle fest" I was flying Doodle like a helicopter and I decided it would make a really cool action shot.   I have "flown" her like that since she was just a wee little thing.  And since she is still a wee little thing (22  lbs at 2 yrs 8months) I can still manage to spin her just enough to be fun for her.  So tonight after dinner I took her outside.  She took a short flight, and I got some great pictures.  Maybe I should hang this to remind her how beautiful she looks when she is happy! 

1 comment: