Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Colors Are Blush and Bashful

Day 26: Favorite Color


Today I woke up and right after I cussed the dogs for waking me up, I decided we were going to have a great day!  I was the mom I always want to be (minus the hour spent playing angry birds).  I made pancakes with mini m&m's in them for breakfast.  We stayed in our jammies for a little while (I already mentioned Angry Birds) and then went up to get dressed.  While fixing Doodle's hair we read "Pinkalicious" for the millionth time this week. (if you've missed this best seller, it's about a girl who eats so many pink cupcakes, she turns pink)  As we finished up, I asked Doodle if she would like to make pink cupcakes.  Of course she said yes.  And since my favorite colors are blush and bashful, we went to grocery store to get supplies, I let her push the mini cart, eat a cookie, and get a balloon.  In her mind, it was the perfect trip to the store.  We got home ate lunch and made our cupcakes. 





 As soon as Doodle woke up from her nap, the first thing she said was "now we can eat my pink cupcake?" 
We made our frosting pink



We frosted the cupcakes and added pink sprinkles of course!

By the time we were ready to eat, my Favoritest was home and Doodle declared that he would sit at the table and eat his pink cupcake too!
We even added some pink food coloring to Doodle's milk!  Please note, she has no frosting on her cupcake, it might make you messy!

We had a fantastic pinkalicious day!  As we sat down for dinner (meatloaf, home made mashed potatoes and sautees vidalia onions in case you were wondering) I got the leftover pink milk from the fridge.  Doodle was excited to have it again.  So excited in fact that....

it landed all over the floor.  I guess Lo-lo likes pink milk too!  In the end, the spilled milk is the picture I choose!  Today, blush and bashful looked pinkalcious even on the floor, and the door, and the table, and the wall!  And if I wasn't sure that Doodle enjoyed her day as much as I did, I just heard her reciting parts of "Pinkalicious" over the monitor!

2 comments:

  1. Blush n Bashful... your signature colors? You're in good company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyerYQ6n3hA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I can quote so many lines from that movie. I am a girl from the South remember. not to mention, I had "Shelby" hair on my wedding day!

    ReplyDelete