Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Dance

Day 2: Favorite Shoes
So, today's challenge was  to take a picture of your favorite shoes.  Obviously, if you know me, you can figure out 2 things.  One: those are not my shoes or my super cute skinny legs.  Two: I probably didn't read the instructions well.  I thought the list just said "shoes" not "your favorite shoes".  So in typical me style, I decided that these were in fact MY favorite shoes today.  Why? Because Doddle loves them and wanted to wear them.


My kid is not a shoe lover.  She has a very small foot, and therefor we have a super had time finding shoes for her.  As a result, I usually only have 1-2 pairs in rotation at a time.  As a result, my routine bound toddler only likes those 1 or 2 pairs of shoes.  She hates new shoes so much that I bought the same pair 2 times in a row.  And when we needed new ones 2 weeks ago and the Clarks Store (only place that has shoes that fit her and are made for toddler busyness) didn't have the "mouse shoes" anymore, I made the clerk take our old shoes when we left with new "apple" shoes.  That way, I wasn't lying when I told Doddle that the "mouse shoes" were all gone.  


So last night, when she decided to "play" with the 3 pairs of hand me down crocs, I was thrilled.  I had her run, dance, and jump in them.  My hope was that when we went to the pool on Saturday, she might wear them without pitching too much of a fit.  Imagine my surprise, when she not only wanted to play with them again, but insisted on wearing the "new black shoes" to school today!  I, was so excited about that, and the pictures I got of her playing in them, that I couldn't wait to upload the picture to the flickr group. 


Then I logged on and realized my mistake.  And then I decided that the crocs were my favorite shoes right now.  And I decided that if I followed the rules of the game 100% I wouldn't love the picture of what ever other shoes I took!

No comments:

Post a Comment