Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dance Mom!

Ever since My Favoritest and I decided to move to Pittsburgh, it has been a long running joke that we I could enroll Doodle in dance classes at The Abby Lee Miller School.  I mean, the studio is only about 5 minutes away from my new house and I am going to need some friends.  Those mom's seem like the perfect people to add to my life.  And, Maddie and McKenzie are getting a little older, I think Doodle and Sadie will be the perfect tiny cute replacements for them:)


Alas, Bubbie threatened to call Child Protective Services and My Favoritest threatened divorce, so we I choose was forced to find a less intense option!  Enter The Little Gym.  They have a preschool dance class that is just like everything else we love about that place.  Low key, confidence building, fun, and nurturing.  Needless to say it is a much softer (and enjoyable) approach to dance than ALM.  And even though I will never get my 15 minutes of fame out of the class, there is even a window through which I can watch Doodle learn her moves:) 


This summer session has been a great way to see if Doodle even likes dance before we commit to anything more long term.  So far she really likes it.  Personally, I really like the itty bitty tap shoes, and the teeny tiny tushie in a leotard:)  But, if you know me, you know my theory regarding all athletic activity is if you look good no one realizes how little you really know about what you are doing!  And let me tell you, finding tap shoes for Doodle's tiny feet required the help of Amazon.  Yes, that is the tap shoe sitting in my hand.  And no, I do not have giant man hands:)


June 10 (325/365)
 This is the best shot I could get of her before class because she was so stink in excited about her tap shoes!  And the rest of the pictures were a fail due to movement, glass, and my lack of attention span to fix the camera so those things were not issues.  Maybe another week I will get some live action shots:)
June 11 (326/265)

1 comment: