Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pirate Picnic

In the midst of our swimming struggles, I promised Doodle a dinner picnic at the pool.  My Favoritest was on call and it was a perfect night for a picnic dinner.  Doodle napped (which was part of the deal), and as she watched a little TV, I gathered dinner supplies.  I was wrapping the hotdogs as the show was ending.  My timing was perfect.  I told Doodle I was heading upstairs to put on my "baking suit" (thats what we wear to the pool and if you correct my kid before kindergarten I will hurt you) and I'd call her when I was ready to help her get ready.  I got upstairs, pulled on my baking suit bottom and heard a quiet little snap.  And the night went down hill.  The elastic in my one and only maternity bathing suit snapped.  No pool for us.  Now to explain this to a uber excited 3 year old!  As I told her what happened she threw herself across a chair and said "but Mommy I was soooo excited to go to the pool"and then she started crying.  It broke my heart.  I had to think quickly.  Then I remember My Favoritest had taped Muppet Treasure Island for Doodle.  I quickly came up with a plan for a Pirate Picnic.  I threw the picnic blanket over a table, put the food out, turned on the movie, and had a happy kid:) 
June 14(329/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment