Saturday, July 14, 2012

Settling In

I really don't want to be the parent that the gushes over every second of my kids lives.  I know they are only moderately interesting to everyone else, but guess what?  Too bad!  I started this blog to document a year in my life.  It has turned into so much more and has really evolved into a journal for my family.  Thursday found us evicted from the hospital.  All good things must come to an end and it was time for us to head home.  Like any good Southern mom, I had carefully selected a sweet smocked bubble with a matching bonnet for Sadie to wear home.  And like any good West baby, she was so tiny it swallowed her whole.  Too bad, she was going to wear it home:) 



We arrived home to a very excited big sister.  Doddle ran down the sidewalk to meet us.  She couldn't wait to see Baby Sadie and Mommy and Daddy.  She wanted me to see the flowers she got us and the balloon.  I am not going to lie.  It was not the peaceful homecoming I had imagined.  Between the blackout hotel stay, Daddy being out of town, us being in the hospital, a new sister, Zayde leaving, my little Doodle was a little overwhelmed.  She was loud and whiney and needy.  We were tired, hungry, and also a little overwhelmed.  Not such a great combination.  I did manage to get a couple of pictures that make it look like our first few hours home were calm and peaceful.  Hopefully this is what we will all remember!
July 12 (358/365)

She is so proud to be a big sister
While the first few hours of being at home were not perfect, we all got into a rhythm and Doodle is quickly settling down.  She is figuring out all the things that a big sister can do.  That first night home, My Favoritest took Doodle to the book store just to get out of the house.  They came home with a new Curious George book.  Knowing that Doodle needed some mommy time, I told her we could read a story before bed.  Sadie was awake and joined us for the first Curious George story in the book.  Doodle watched as her little sister calmed down and feel asleep on my chest as we read.  
The next night, after dinner Sadie was a little fussy and was in her papisan chair chilling out.  Doodle ran and got her Curious George book and said "Baby Sadie, I will read to you so you will calm down".
July 13 (359/365)
 That evening, Doodle wanted to share her story time with Sadie so badly, that I got her up from a peaceful sleep to lay her on my chest and read with us.  I couldn't resist the pleas of a Doodle wanting to share her special time with her sister.  It was so sweet to me that I even called for My Favoritest to come take a picture even though I am was already in my jammies.  I know it can't last forever, so I am trying to enjoy the newness of the baby is Doodle's eyes.





3 comments: