Friday, July 6, 2012

Heat Hibernation

The last few weeks have involved lots of inside time.  What can I say, I'm very pregnant and it is very hot!  So we have hung out at home a good bit.  Lucky for me, my kid likes to play with her toys.  Here are a couple of pictures from the last few weeks around our house!


My dear friend Casey gave Doodle a book of puzzles for the holidays last year.  I will admit, in the last few months I have cursed your name Mrs. Pollock!  She wanted so badly to be able to put them together but just couldn't.  It usually ended in frustration and tears.  Finally, she was able to understand how to do a jigsaw puzzle and now she is a puzzle lovin fool!


June 18 (333/365)
 One recent night, I was not feeling well.  Doodle climbed in bed with me while I rested.  She asked to look at pictures on my phone.  I dozed, she watched.  We were all happy.  I headed downstairs to feed the pup-pups while she watched her self on my phone.  About 10 minutes later she came down and handed me the phone.  Very seriously she said "I want to play with this!" and on the screen was this video


It was taken about a year and a half ago and the ball pit has bit the dust since then.  For the next 45 minutes, our child cried, whined, pouted, and was seriously dismayed that a toy she knows she once owned was no longer in our house.  I promise, it wasn't a bratty 45 minutes, but a very hurt and confused 45 minutes.  As I hung up the phone with Bubbie, whom I had called to let her chuckle at her granddaughter, my Favoitest looks up from the computer and says "a new one will be here Thursday!" Don't tell me that child doesn't have her Daddy wrapped around all 10 of her little fingers!  So here is my sweet child loving her new ball pit! 


June 22 (337/365)

 And much to my surprise, when it was time to clean it up, here is that same sweet child willingly helping me to clean up the ball pit!
June 26 (341/365)
And what would a week indoors be without a little train time? For the little friends of course!
June 20 (335/365)

1 comment: