Wednesday, July 11, 2012

She's Here!

She's here! She's here!  She's here!  And she is perfect!  Sadie Jane was born Monday at 10:51.  She weighed 6 lbs 5oz and was 19 inches long.  She is dainty and soft and perfect.  She has the softest nose I have ever felt in my whole life.  Oh yeah, and a head full of hair too.  
The whole c-section experience was completely different than with Doodle.  This time around I managed to stay awake!  I really tried to take it all in.  As they yanked that kid out from the top of my abdomen, I got my first deep breath in months.  She really had been pushing my lungs and making it hard to breath.  And just a second after I got that breath I heard the most beautiful sound a mother ever hears, the first cries.  That sound that lets you know they have arrived in the world.  As the doctor held the purple scrunchy faced baby over the drape for me to see, I lost it and just started bawling.  They took her over to clean her up and do her apgar (8 by the way) and she screamed the entire time.  Then the nurse brought Sadie over to me and laid her on my chest.  What a difference it was to meet my daughter minutes after she was born instead of an entire day later.  (Doodle was wisked off to the nursery and on oxygen so she couldn't leave the nursery. I was sick and couldn't leave my room for 24 hours so we didn't get aquatinted with each other for what seemed like forever.)  Having her little naked (but thoroughly cleaned)  body laying on me was pretty amazing.   I looked at her face and then looked to My Favoritest.  Through tears I chocked out " She's fine right?  No downs right?" And My Favoritest smiled at me and said no, she looks perfectly normal.  And then I really relaxed and enjoyed the moment.   Enjoyed it enough that I forgot I was in the middle of surgery.  After about 10 minutes they took her to the nursery and My Favoritest followed.  I dozed in and out of sleep and intermittently listened to the doctor teaching the medical student about closing a c-section incision.  The rest of the morning was pretty much run of the mill post delivery stuff.  
Once we got settled into our room, Doodle and Bubbie and Zayde arrived to meet the newest member of the family.  Doodle was so proud to walk in the room.  She was wearing her Big Sis shirt and couldn't wait to see the baby.  She was so gentle with Sadie and with me.  She held her, helped feed her and then played on my phone.  She was the perfect big sister.  After she was done holding, Bubbie and Zayde got their fill of newborn loving.  The whole thing went down just as I imagined.  It was the  perfect welcoming into our world.  Here are a few pictures from Sadie Jane's first couple of days!


Last preggo picture 39 weeks 2 days

July 9 (354/365)
She screamed and screamed and screamed!

And then she calmed down!

First Family Photo

Dr Pound... The man responsible for her safe entry into the world!
And before I finish this post, I have to share 2 more pictures.  I have wonderful friends.  Landlord and Sisterwife brought Sadie her own Birth Day Party!  Okay, so she is too small to enjoy it, but we sure did!  They delivered Sadie's first hand decorated cake (made to match her elephant bedding), sparkling cider, party plates and cups.  It was so sweet.  Although I couldn't eat the cake that night, it has been fantastic to have a sweet treat at my disposal! And having my VA family share in Sadie's first day in the world was priceless.  The best part was the two of them couldn't figure out a solid enough plan for kidnapping Sadie, so they had to leave her with me:)


Kidnapping plotting!  They didn't even have the good graces to do it out of my ear shot! 
Sadie's first custom birthday cake!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, love all of this! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everyone is happy and healthy! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Doc Pound is the BEST (except maybe when you are having a vaginal delivery and he is screaming in your face that he is taking you for a C right this minute and you have no epidural left)!! He brought my sweet baby Ash into this world after five, FIVE minute decels (vaginally, I might add)!!! He also checked me in when I was in labor with sweet baby Atti (but then he ran off to do some major emergency C and left me with a moron little girl until the big dogs stepped in)!! I absolutely LOVE Dr Pound!!! I am so (SO!!) glad that things went well and knew that Sadie would be just fine but I am so happy you finally have confirmation that her struggles in life will not begin at birth!! I am laughing and crying and wishing I were there!! I just love little tiny babies (uh, hello, I've had one constantly in my life for the last four years :) but just cannot get enough of them!! On to the steel armpit for all you girls and to the next chapter of life!! I am so very glad that you are enjoying all this SUPER BIG in between stuff as it happens, cause I know just how easy it is to get busy in the midst of life!! Congratulations and happy birthday Sadie and so glad you met Dr Pound!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete