Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Twice as Nice

Mother's Day... The day we should tell our mothers how important and special they are.  A day when mom gets a break.  A day to spend together as a family.  These are all the things I think of.  None of them happened on Mother's Day.  My Favoritest (who was not my favorite person that day) slept until 9:00 then napped from about 10:00-11:45.  I was so angry.  He was so oblivious.  I attempted to storm out and take Doodle to the arts and craft show in the park, but by the time I got to the top of the hill I was tired and hot and lost all my steam.  We came home.  My Favoritest offered to take us to lunch.  I made the mistake of mentioning a new restaurant with a playground to Doodle.  That was where we ended up.  It was not so great.  I came home and cooked dinner.  All in all a craptastic Mother's Day.   All I can say is at least Doodle enjoyed the playground.
May 13 (297/365)
Flash forward to the following Sunday.  My Favoritest (who was once again my favorite person) decided to try and make up for his epic fail the week before.  He took us out to lunch at one of our favorite placed Devil's Backbone.  We had a yummy lunch.  Doodle enjoyed being outside.  We even got to watch a helicopter take off.  We spent the day together as a family.  It was great!  
Doodle checking out the fish pond

With both my girls:)  32 Weeks

May 20 (304/365)
Doodle climbing on the rocks

Watching the helicopter take off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment