Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our Little House

I notice that I am becoming sentimental as we near the big move.  Believe it or not, one of the things I am getting sentimental about is our house.  There is a country song called Little Houses.  It talks about how small houses allow love to grow big.  That is true for our current house.   While the space is seeming to grow smaller every day, I am going to miss many things about it.  I will miss our one big living space.  It has given me the opportunity to see Doodle play and grow without her realizing it.  I will desperately miss our courtyard and all of our friends.  I will miss Doodle's cozy little room that started as a nursery and turned into a big kid room.  I will miss that because there is no one else to be, My Favoritest and I spend lots of time together doing our own thing.  It is nice to be in each other's company.  Pretty much, I will miss the house in general.  
They say that smell has a strong link to memory.  I know this is true.  To this day, the smell of confederate jasmine makes my brain flash to the entrance of Children's Medical Center at MCG in Augusta, GA.  The smell of spearmint gum makes me think to long summer road trips.  And now, the smell of wild honey suckle will always remind me of the back yard of our little townhouse in VA.  It is only fragrant and blooming for a few weeks, but I love every minute of that sweet smell:)


May 11 (295/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment