Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More Lovin

In the midst of potty boot camp we were faced with Valentine's Day!  Like I said earlier, this is the first year that Doodle is really starting to understand about different holidays.  I wanted to make V-Day a low key, special family day!  To prepare we had a couple of projects to work on.  Of course we finished her school Valentines and then we needed to make cookies for school.  Doodle has become quite the baker.  Cooking is definitely one of the things I am glad I have taken the time to do with her.  She can almost read the back of the cake box recipe and she loves to help count and dump.  She also loves to taste the "gredients".  All the gredients.... even the baking soda and baking powder!  

She has become an excellent roller of dough!

She helped cut out the hearts and when they were done baking, I dipped them in white chocolate.  She was in charge of the M&M decorations!

Of course, because she is Doodle she wanted her cookies plain.  We toasted a job well done!
Valentine's Day was filled with fun at school.  Party and candies and cookies oh my!  On my way home from dropping her off, I noticed the LOVE statue had been place just down the street from her school.  The "Virginia is For Lovers" tourism people travel the statue around the state.  I actually remembered to grab my camera when I went to pick her up.  She had a blast playing on the letters!
February 14 (208/365)
The rest of the day was spent planning a date for Daddy.  I told Doodle that we would take him out for dinner.  I asked her where we should take him.... "Chick A Way at the mall mommy!" So that is where we went.  We finished the date night with a visit to Build A Bear where Doodle made a monkey whom she named Jagger.  It was a perfect Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. So I'm catching up on my family blog stalking :) Please tell me Doodle knows the song "Moves like Jagger" if not...how in the world did monkey get his name? Also, the LOVE picture needs a frame or some kind of award.
    Love,
    You're fave brunette niece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doodle does in fact know and love the song "Moves Like Jagger". We have a Grammy 2012 cd that she enjoys very much and as a result she know lots of songs:) Maybe a good thing maybe a bad thing:)

    ReplyDelete