Saturday, February 18, 2012

Take A Number!

Do you ever have people in your life who have a talent and you have no idea?  Well, in my case that would be my Aunt Reva.  When Doodle was born she made her the most beautiful sweater and sweet little hat.  When the package arrived in South GA, I did not fully appreciate its' fantasticalness.  I mean, honestly we just didn't do sweaters so much.  Well, fast forward a few months and we land in VA and fall comes around.  Now I am learning about layers and carseats and recommendations regarding the combination of the two.  The yellow sweater was perfect.  Warm but not bulky!  It matched lots of clothes.  It had its' own accessory.  Needless to say, it was used.....a lot.  So much so, that it became Doodle's first favorite clothing item.  She wanted to wear it all the time.  It wasn't such a bad thing since I have the slowest growing kid ever.  It lasted us until last spring.   About the end of the fall of 2010, I knew the end of The Sweater was coming.  The buttons were bulging, the sleeves were mid-arm length, and the hat popped off.  I started harassing my aunt to make her another sweater.  In an effort to make sure she understood how loved it really was, I made sure to email her pictures of Doodle wearing the sweater.  Therefore, we have quite a compilation of photographic evidence.



I am sure I had more pictures on my phone, but Doodle must have deleted them:)  You get the point.  We wore the mess out of that sweater.  Well, Aunt Reva loves us very very much because recently a package for Doodle arrived in the mail.  Inside we found a treasure.
January 26 (189/365)

A NEW SWEATER!!!  We love it.  Personally, I want to wear it.  It is soft and fluffy and furry and wonderful.  Apparently, it has caused quite a stir amongst the younger ones and my Aunt is going to be very busy.  Two of her grandkids have asked for new sweaters already.  I guess I better put Poppy on the list too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment