Monday, February 27, 2012

Very Busy Valentine's Day

So the next few posts are going to be a little out of order in my 365 project.  I wanted to tell some stories and the best way to do it was to group the pictures together and not worry about order.  So, I will mark them in the caption with the correct day and not worry about the rest:)


In my dreams the house is immaculate every single minute of every single day.  The kid is always happy.  Dinner is always delicious and done on time.  I greet my Favoritest with a smile and a kiss (not a grumble and an exhausted sigh).  And, I am the cool mom at school.  Who makes great snacks and treats and things WITH her kid and not for her kid.  Well, none of those other things are going to happen so I decided to go for the gold in the treat department this Valentine's Day!  Doodle and I had a great time preparing valentines for her friends.  This was the first time she was old enough to get the holiday and really be a helper in making her treats.  Thanks to Sisterwife's research, we decided on some lovely alligator valentines.  Pieces and parts cut out by mommy, waiting for little hands to help decorate.


February 8 (202/365)




Because crafting is more fun with friends, we planned a lunch/craft date with Jayburb.  We started this project early, and it's a good thing.  It took some time!  And it was a little tiring too!


February 9 (203/365)

After making valentines, popcorn and t.v. are a must!
So after the kids decorated the alligators with their friends' names, and signed each one, it was left to the mommies to put the creatures together.  Nothing a little hot glue couldn't handle.  And then, it was time to stuff the gators full of treats.  Doodle picked out the treats by herself.  I tried to get her to put some small bubbles in them and she told me (and I quote) "I don't want bubbles.  Bubbles make me sad.  Only candy makes me happy. So I don't want bubbles!"  So, we didn't have bubbles.  In the end, she picked out M&Ms, bouncy balls, and flying hearts.  Lots of fun!
February 13 (207/365)
And here are the finished products!  They were a big hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment