Monday, August 1, 2011

Snapshots of My 33rd Year- Day 8

July 29 (8/365)


When I was pregnant with Doodle, I had visions of what I thought she would look like.  I never thought about her face or her height.  I didn't dream about the color of her hair or her eyes.  I never envisioned her is white peaceful baby spendor.  In fact, what I saw in my mind's eye was the Future Doodle.  Future Doodle had crooked pig tails with hair falling out from every angle.  Future Doodle had a little dirt left on her face.  Future Doodle was in such constant motion that I never got more than that little glimpse into whom this baby would become.  Of course the minute she was born, I stopped wondering and just stared in awe at her beauty (and her ability to cry non-stop).  But I never forgot that image of the toddler with the dirty face and crooked pig tails.   Friday afternoon, following a busy morning and a long nap, that toddler made a real live appearance.


Okay, so her face isn't dirty, but check out the pig tails and the wispy hair going in every direction!  When I look back on Doodle at this age, the second picture is what I will see.  My little girl deep in thought and play at her window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment