Sunday, July 31, 2011

Snapshots of My 33rd Year- Days 1-7

I really found my voice for this blog on accident.  I started a 30 day photo challenge and wanted to share my thoughts about my pictures.  Since My Favoritest is gone so much and Doodle could care less about my deep thoughts, I put it out there in cyber space.  Two funny things happened, I realized how much I missed writing, and I caught the photography bug.  I enjoyed the 30 day challenge, that I decided I would try to commit to a 365 day challenge.  My Favoritest gave me a camera for my 33rd birthday, so I figured I would start my 365 challenge on my birthday.  All I can say is I hope 33 is as good as the previous 32:)  I am a little behind in sharing these, so here is the first week's worth of photos and a few deep (or shallow) thoughts!

July 22 (1/365)
I spent my 33rd birthday at my parent's house in south GA.  It was a great couple of weeks.  Doodle spent lots of time in the pool.  She took some swimming lessons, and was eager to practice her new skills.  I am constantly amazed at this kid.  As previously recorded, she likes to take things slow.  She likes to know she can do something before she tries.  This day, all the things she learned at swimming lessons seemed to click.  She realized she could be in the water without any one holding on to her.  She spent the afternoon swimming from me to the steps and back again.  I am pretty sure she is growing gills and fins this summer!
July 23 (2/365)
We celebrated my birthday a day late.  I love birthdays and was so happy to be with my parents to celebrate.  While we were getting dinner ready, Doodle played in The Zayde's boots.  I love the softness of her foot slipping into his rough and dirty shoes.

July 24 (3/365)
We headed to Tifton for the final leg of our journey.  We stayed with our friends Mamie, Uncle Brian, and Parke.  Parke was in a talent show and church so of course we went to watch him perform.  I snapped this picture of Doodle and Uncle Brian just as she noticed that I was taking her picture.  I am pretty sure I have a picture of the two of them when Doodle was just a newbie.  We are so lucky to have "family" like this to watch Doodle grow up!

July 25 (4/365)
After lunch with Mamie and Parke, we bought some cupcakes to have as an after noon snack.  Parke was desperate to eat his cupcake.  Unfortunately, he had to wait for Doodle to wake up from her nap.  Parke was eating his cupcake like an ice cream cone and I just had to get a picture.  As I snapped the pic, Doodle decided she wanted to be in the shot.  Sometimes, accidents make the best pictures.  Her look is priceless because of what's going on behind her!  I can almost hear her saying "Mommy, what Parke is doing?"

July 26 (5/365)
We spent a super long day in the car.  I totally thought I had already failed at this 365 thing because I forgot to take a picture.  Then I remembered my moment of bliss late in the evening.  After a 12 hour drive, unloading a car, cleaning a nasty bathroom, paying bills, and cooking dinner, all I wanted to do was go to bed.  Then I remembered I had precious cargo from my car.  Remember the cupcakes, well I brought an entire cake from the store.  It is a million layer caramel cake.  It is my favorite.  In fact, I love it so much that when Doodle was born Mamie and JJ brought it to me in the hospital in leu of flowers.  So anyway, as I was eating this little giant bite of bliss, I decided to make everyone in FB land jealous share the fabulousness of the cake with all my FB friends and snapped a pic with my phone.  Dream about how good it is!

July 27 (6/365)
When Doodle was about 9 months old, we realized she has a crazy eye.  One pupil is bigger than the other.  This can mean really bad things like cancer and aneurysms.  So in the middle of a move we had an MRI.  All was well and her eye is just crazy.  However, she has to be followed by a neuro-opthamoligist once a year.  I dread these visits.  They dilate her eyes and there is lots of waiting and entertaining.  This visit, once they put the dilating drops in, we went back to  the waiting room and Doodle spent the next 45 minutes playing with this lobby toy.  She entertained all the lobby people.  She also amazed me because no matter what I did, she was able to sort all the colors back together.  The rest of the visit was over quickly.  Her eye is still just crazy and we don't have to go back for 2 years!

July 28 (7/365)
I got to pretend to be a photographer!  My Sisterwife had lots going on (new baby, toddler, upcoming trip, and relatives stopping by) so I offered to take the baby (Butterbean) for a couple of hours while Doodle slept.  Once the little guy was good and asleep, I started snapping.  I have to include 2 pictures because I couldn't pick my favorite. 
Hope you enjoyed!  Hopefully I will get caught up on posting soon and can get pics posted in a more timely fashion!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment