Sunday, August 28, 2011

Who I Am!

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done
My momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends who love me
And they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am

I'm a saint and I'm a sinner
I'm a loser, I'm a winner
I'm am steady and unstable
I am young but I'm able



These are lyrics from the song Who I Am by Jessica AndrewsWhen I took these pictures, I definitely thought of that song. What describes you as a person?  When I think of Doodle, I definitely think of the words "peanut", "little bit", "petit".  I snapped this picture of my little peanut after a lot of jumping.  The shorts are 18 months.  She will be 3 in October.  She has worn them for 2 summers.  They are falling off her! It really does help our clothing budget! I hope that she will find the positive spin on being a tiny little imp!  


August 17 (27/365)




  If you asked me to describe myself, I will tell you I am short and have curly hair.  Those have been the two things that have defined my physical identity my entire life.  I can't say I have always loved either of them.  I straightened my hair for years.  And I still imagine how much simpler life would be if I were just 3 inches taller.  In fact, it is this thought that prompted me to take this picture.  I was cooking and due to my lack of height, found myself standing on a stool to stir a large pot of chicken spaghetti!  I looked down and thought how funny I must look. 
August 18 (28/365)


 That same day, as I was driving to deliver the spaghetti to a friend, I noticed the gigantic perfect curl right in the middle of my head.  Which of course made me think of the nursery rhyme: "there once was a girl with a curl, right in the middle of her head.  When she was good, she was very very good.  And when she was bad, she was horrid".  If you know me, that pretty much sums me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment