Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hidden Treasures

When I did my 30 day photo challenge, one of our assignments was to take a picture of the clouds.  I mentioned how much I love looking at the clouds and trying to find familiar shapes among their billowy puffs.  Thursday, I took the camera out for a few minutes to take some sunburst pictures.  While I was outside, I snapped a couple of pictures of the clouds.  When I looked at the pictures, the sunburst wasn't as pretty as I wanted it to be.  But as I looked at the pictures of the clouds I found two really neat images.
August 11 (21/365)
If you look closely you can see an angry face/mask in between the two trees

And just opposite that angry face in the sky, was this perfect heart!
As you can see from the sky, the weather here has been fantastic!  The end of the week it was only in the mid 80's.  Doodle and I spent lots of time outside because of the beautiful weather.  It has been so hot out, that we haven't "played" outside in a couple of months.  Doodle has begged to play on her "new toy" (that she got 3 months ago) almost daily.  Finally, the weather cooperated and I remembered to wipe the slides down.  As soon as we got outside, she whined to come inside.  The blue slide was too hot to use and I guess that ruined her plan.  I tried to encourage her to play with Ming-Ming, Tuck, Ming-Ming Duckling (stuffed Ming-Ming), and Abby Cadabby.  I sent them all down the slide hoping she would take over.  I was wrong.
Friends.... maybe?
I wasn't taking her inside, so I  brought out bubbles.  That entertained her for a few minutes.  Then I got out water and paint brushes so she could paint the sidewalk.  Between the new toy, the bubbles, and the paint brushes, she managed to entertain herself for a good 45 minutes.  And I managed to get some pictures.  Poor kid, is tired of me having my camera around all the time, but I am determined to succeed at taking a picture a day for 365 days.  Since getting my new camera, I have really stopped using the lcd display while shooting.  I love that I can check the image if I want to, but also love the surprise of seeing what turns up on the computer.  When I uploaded the pictures from our outdoor party for two, I found this

August 12 (22/365)
At first glance, it is just a picture of Doodle and some bubbles.  The interesting part is the bubble over her face.  If you look at it closely you can see the reflection of our back porch in the bubble.  I love when I find little treats like that!  In my dreams this weather will last forever, but I know it wont.  Our neighbor had the nerve to remind me that the cooler weather only meant that Fall was on the way (yippee), which means that Winter isn't far behind (booo!).  Oh well, I guess we will make the most of what we have right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment