Sunday, March 4, 2012

Snow We Finally Got Some!

It finally snowed and stuck.   Lucky for us it was a Sunday and we had no plans but cleaning out junk!  Doodle spent the day playing inside.  Anytime we asked her if she wanted to go out and play, she quickly would say "no, I don't like the snow!"  Given the effort it takes to gear up a little one for snow, I didn't press the issue.  Finally around 5:00 I stepped outside to take a few pictures.  As soon as Doodle realized I was going outside with my camera, she wanted to come with hers too!  And so she came out.  And for the first time in her life, Doodle decided the snow wasn't horrible. In fact, it was fun.  Bad news for her was that it was getting dark.  After a quick walk with the pups and My Favoritest, they had to come in.  She spent the rest of the day making plans for the next day.
February 19 (213/365)

Looking through our window out into the yard.  The tree is in the middle of a gel cling on the window.

My little snow bunny!
The next morning came and the snow remained.  Thanks goodness because like I said, Doodle had big plans.   We geared her up in snow bibs and gloves.  Hat and jacket.  I even got her to wear her snow boots.  More impressively, I crammed my ever growing body into long johns and my winter coat.  Warmly dressed we headed up the hill to Jayburb's house! 


It took us almost 15 minutes to walk up the hill (maybe 1/8 of  a mile) because Doodle just had to stop every few feet and throw the snow.  She left a pile of snow crumbs:)
 Doodle's friend BB was also there and Sisterwife and I managed to get 3 kids and a baby out the door for some winter fun.  We even managed to build a snowman.  

February 20 (214/365)
 Sadly the snow was not going to last!  by the time we went home for a nap, it was warm enough for no snow bibs and no hat!  But that didn't stop my little one from throwing snow all the way back home:)

The day finished up with what I think is the funniest snow ball fight ever held!
Snowball fight

No comments:

Post a Comment