Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a Year!

On July 23, 2011, I started my 365 photo challenge.   A picture a day for a year.  I was 33 years old.  I was a mother of one.  I was living in Virginia.  What a difference a year makes!  I am now 34.  I am  a mother of two.  I am living in the Pitty.  All things that I had no idea would change in 365 days.  This project has become so much more than I originally planned.  It started off as a way to encourage myself to learn to use my new camera.  It ended up being a place for me to share my thoughts, use my creativity, and chronicle my families memories.  I think I only missed about 10 days total throughout the year.  With all I have had going on this year, I am pretty proud of my self.  I have also found that this blog has become a great way to stay in touch with our family and friends.  They can check in and see what we are really up too.   Most importantly for me it has become a place that I can see my highs and lows.  I can smile and laugh and cry as I look back over the last year.  And although I can't promise to get a picture in every day, I am going to continue using my camera and the 365 formant to continue recording our mundane life!  Hope you will keep coming back to visit!
Here is the last picture of my 33rd year.  It is Doodle and I blowing out my birthday candels.  I was not really in the mood to celebrate, but  she insisted that I have a cake, we sing (even though she hate the birthday song and plugs her ears whenever it is sung) and that I have the first piece of cake.  We managed to find the tiniest cake at the store just so she could make sure I celebrated in style.  I have mentioned that I love that kid!  Unfortunately Sadie was already in bed and didn't get to participate in the festivities.

July 22 (365/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment