Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sister Love

We spent months preparing Doodle for the arrival of Sadie. Even though we knew she was excited, there was a piece of me that worried about how much my first born could handle. Let's face it. A baby, a move, and a new job for my Favoritest, is a lot to handle for me, let alone my little Doodle. The entire pregnancy, I quizzed my friends with recent additions to their family. Every single one told me that the big sibling transition at 3 or 4 couldn't be better. The big is old enough to help with the little and feel part of the process. None of my friends had any jealousy issues. They professed only annoyance at the over attentiveness of the older sibling. It was this thought that I held onto for 9 months.

And now the thought that I hold on to is that obsession is better than jealousy! Doodle is obsessed with Sadie. I now spend my day being bossed around by my eldest as she tells me how to take care of the baby. Sadie is the first thing she worries about in the morning and the last thing she worries about at night. She loves to help feed her, plug her up with a bink, and smother her with hugs and kisses.

July 30 (8/365)
She has also started trying to give Sadie toys to make her happy. I think I am going to start an album on facebook titled "Random Toys for Sadie".



No comments:

Post a Comment