Saturday, August 25, 2012

Doodle Date

Doodle has been a trooper throughout this whole summer adventure. The kid has moved, gotten a new sister, and left everything familiar. For the most part, she had just kept on keeping on. It has definitely inspired me to pull up my big girl panties and deal with life! Afterall, if my preschooler can, surely I can too.

One thing that My Favoritest and I have really tried to do is give Doodle some one on one time. This has been much easier for My Favoritest. He can take Doodle anywhere and she sees it as an adventure. He is much more novel than I am, so sitting and waiting while he gets a haircut is fun and not painful. So the last few Saturdays My Favoritest and Doodle have gone out running errands and left SJ and I at home. It has been great for Doodle, but I have missed hanging out with my sidekick by herself.

Another thing we have been dealing with and working on is My Favoritest getting home in time to spend time with us and to give me a little help. It isn't always perfect, but he has been getting home for dinner at least 2 or 3 nights a week. Needless to say, when he chooses to stay late for something that is not required, I get annoyed. So, when he called to tell me he was going to join the other fellows in their chapter review (the review a chapter from a cardiology text book), I was less than thrilled. In my mind all I heard was "you're on your own for dinner.... again". Lucky for all of us I have been working on biting my tongue, and I was not going off on a tirade as he finished his thought. He offered to meet me in town and take SJ with him so Doodle and I could do something alone. I'll be honest, when he first suggested it, I was excited. As the day drug on and the kids were whinier and fussier, I was too exhausted to want to go. I knew I needed to follow through so we did the swap and Doodle and I had a date. At Old McDonalds followed by the park. Not gourmet dining, but the company was fantastic! And we had a chance to check out our local playground.

August 7
Doodle checking out the Aleganey River
Doodle checking out the Alegany River




No comments:

Post a Comment