Sunday, August 26, 2012

Delicious Morning

When we came to the Pitty looking for houses to rent, I am sure you will remember I was less than thrilled with my new city. You will also remember that during that house hunting adventure the one redeeming thing I discovered was the Oakmont Bakery. This fabulous place has every delicious treat you can imagine. The cake pops are as big as SJ's head! Not only is is delicious, it is reasonably priced. And well known. I always laugh that in the south when you move to a new town people introduce themselves, ask where you are living, and then ask if you have found a church home. In the Pitty the conversation usually goes follows the pattern of introduction, where are you living. When we tell people we are living in Oakmont the next thing out of their mouth is to ask if we have discovered the bakery. Needless to say, everyone loves this place.

Even though the the bakery was the only bright spot I found about our new surroundngs, I made a decision that if I pretend to like it, maybe I won't hate it. So, I am trying to get the girls out and about as much as we can. Doodle has been asking to ride her bike. This is hard in the hills of PA. However, the downtown area of our town has a trail to rail path. I loaded the girls, stroller, and bike up and heading downtown. Doodle likes to ride her bike, but really only wants to ride if there is a purpose or somewhere to go. So, like any good mom I bribed her to ride to the bakery. We had a great morning. The weather was cool and beautiful. The baby was happy. And the cookies were delicious!

Doodle riding her bike on the path the had "no bikes allowed" spraypainted every 100 yards. Oops! I decided balance bikes didnt count!
SJ enjoying the scenery through her eyelids. That is the best way for a newborn to enjoy the world!
Doodle enjoying her heart shaped cookie. She was so excited that it matched her heart shirt!
A short bike ride and cookie eating really tire a kid out. Doodle decided she needed to ride back to the car. Love that my stroller can hold 2 kids and a balance bike:)





1 comment:

  1. Keep a bunch of memories about mornings like that. There's not enough of them.

    ReplyDelete