Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Patiently Waiting

It is 2:18 on Tuesday. I just put Doodle in the bed for her nap. SJ will be screaming any minute. I have been up since 4:00. I should be swapping laundry, starting dinner, putting things away. I should not be blogging. But I needed to revel in my peaceful happiness for a few minutes. We had a rough morning. SJ was screaming (unless she was asleep in my arms) for nearly 4 hours. When she is so cranky, I am cranky. I am embarrassed to say that I am cranky with Doodle when SJ gets that way. I recognize that I let my frustration get the better of me. I am working on it. So, once we finally got SJ happy and asleep, I decided to spend some quality time with Doodle. We have several exciting things coming up in the next few weeks and I wanted a way for Doodle to count down to them. So I got out the construction paper and the stapler and we made a paper chain. We make 23 links and then Doodle wrote on smaller strips so that she would know how many more days to each event. Spending an hour and a half doing something fun with my kid did more for my spirit than I could ever imagine. I feel like I have spent a lot of time lately telling Doodle no, stop, quit, and later. I often feel like I don't have enough opportunities to say yes and be focused only on her. This chunk of time with her was just what we both needed!

Here is our paper chain to count down the days!

This coming Sunday we are meeting Speedracer, SpeedRacer's hubby, eldest, and youngest at the Canfield Fair in OH. We can't wait to see them and eat ourselves silly on fair food!

Then next Wednesday Doodle has her first day at her new pre-school

Equally exciting as the start of school is a visit from Uncle Hank. My brother is in PA working at a golf course for a couple of months. It's about a 3.5 hour drive each way and he is coming to spend the day with the girls and I. I am so excited to see him and for him to meet SJ!

Finally, in 23 days Jayburb is coming for his first PA visit. Doodle is so excited! She is already making plans of things to show him and do with him. I must admit, I am just as excited to see Sisterwife. I have missed my friends more than I could imagine. We can't wait to see them!

Doodle had so much fun working on our project! She has been really into writing her letters, and wanted to do more. We ended up putting some writing in the mail for Jayburb. As I sealed the envelope, I smiled the sweet satisfaction that only comes from the moments when you know all is right in the world even if it is just for a few moments!



1 comment:

  1. Knowing how the first chain ended, this makes me so very sad to read her writing saying "WILLA". I vote for keeping it a surprise next time, and then screw Mother Nature if she tries to muck it up again!

    ReplyDelete