Friday, August 10, 2012

The Month of a Lifetime!

As I sit in my new house enjoying the peace and quiet that can only be found during the early morning hours, I force my eye to overlook all the things that need to be done.  We are in our house but we are far from settled.  I recently told a friend that in our current state, our house could be a prelude into Hoarders.  There are piles of stuff everywhere and it seems that for every task that needs to be done, there are 5 things that have to happen first.  To make matters even more challenging, I am still not 100%. I am still stiff and achey in the mornings and  I tire out way to quickly for my own taste.  I know that time is the answer, but it is still frustrating.  But as I sit here and try to aviod making eye contact with the projects, I am also so grateful for what has been done in a short amount of time.  And I know that if it weren't for two people, none of this would be done!  So, here is my version of the thank you that will never ever be enough.
Dear Bubbie and Zayde,
There are not words enough to tell you both thank you.  Bubbie, you gave up your entire summer to be there for me, and Zayde you gave up your wife for an entire month.  You both took off work and time away from friends.  You scrubbed my fridge and freezer after the blackout.  You packed my house.  You potty trained my kid.  You kept my spirits high when my world was upside down.  You cooked meals, cleaned my house, and did my laundry.  You took over tuck ins and playdates.  You rocked and fed and changed our newest love.
Bubbie, you reminded me always what strong stock of women I come from.  I don't know many grandmothers who could and would take on what you did this summer.  I know you were exhauseted ninety percent of the month.  But I also know that my daughter will probably never have another month where she is the focus of so much love and attention.  You always say that I am a better mother than you were to us, and I always tell you that I became a great mother by learning from you. This couldn't be more true after the month we shared.  When I was short with Doodle and having guilt, you reminded me that it was okay.  You slept with Doodle while she was throwing up.  When I was unsure of how I was going to survive this move, you reminded me it could be worse!  When I  got readmitted to the hospital you made sure that my kids were safe and taken care of.   And when I showed you our new house for the first time (a little disenchanted with it) you found all the fantastic things about it and made me feel better.  You knew just what I needed to hear in order to pull up my big girl panties and deal with life.  You organized my kitchen and then reorganized it every time we found another box of kitchen stuff!  I will probably never have a chance to spend a month with you again either, and I will always be grateful for this time together.
Zayde, you were my sounding board when I needed a minute.  You are always quick with a laugh and can usually manage to turn my "switch" off.  If it weren't for you, the bat in the basement would be joined by a million boxes.  My stuff would still be scattered and missing without you!  You took the time to get extra chain and light pulls for all our lights and fans a must for this family.  You took my kid to buy wine and made sure she knew she was going to the liquor store.  You even curbed your colorful language so Doodle didn't learn new words.  You were always ready to feed Sadie and bottle or just sit and watch her sleep.  I am a daddy's girl through and through, and so glad that you were here to celebrate and help us out!
So all that mushy stuff aside, here are a few pictures of Bubbie and Zayde with the girls.  Like, I said, we couldn't be luckier!
Bubbie getting some snuggles

Doodle getting serious kisses from Bubbie

Sadie meeting Bubbie

Zayde meeting Sadie

Zayde's girl
Doodle and Zayde do the boxe drop!
July 26 (4/365)
It takes the whole family to feed this kid!
July 27 (5/365)
July 29 (7/365)
Sweet baby snuggles

3 comments:

  1. I don't even know your parents and I am bawling like a baby!! We are so lucky to have each had such wonderful help moving with our babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Danielle, this has me in tears too! You have some amazing parents. No wonder you are who you are! God always has the right people in our lives just at the right time! Thank God for parents' unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I have tears as well! I know this means so much to your parents. You will do the same things for your girls when they grow up. :) You are loved by your parents so much. Thank you for sharing with us!
    God bless you! I am praying you will feel stronger each day!
    Sending hugs from Tifton!

    ReplyDelete