Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mo vs. Ho

So, if you have been following our moving adventure, you are well aware that things didn't go as smoothly as planned.  When last I posted about our adventures, we were pulling out of our beloved neighborhood heading to the Pitty.  What I forgot to mention was that the moving van was sick.  Not totally dead, but sick enough to warrent a trip to the shop.... with all our stuff loaded.  The driver gave us a call Monday to say that the truck was fixed and they would see us on Tuesday morning.  We gathered all of our junk and hit the road.  I was feeling optomistic.  About 2 hours into our trip, my cell rang and displayed a Pitty number.  The only person I know in Pitty at this point is the truck driver, so my heart sank before I even answered the phone.  Guess what!  Truck broke again.  No stuff on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.  So, now I have 2 kids, a Bubbie, and my Favoritest and we need a place to stay.  I call My Favoritest and put him on the job.  We arrive in Pitty to the Quality Inn that My Favoritest found.  As I pulled into the parking lot, I reminded myself that it was close to the house and budget friendly, and couldn't be that bad.   And then I came to my sensibilities and told Bubbie to go investigate a room and make sure the beds didn't vibrate and that it wasn't to disgusting ( we did have a 2 week old afterall).  Bubbie and my Favoritest gave the rooms a thumbs up, and we unloaded in to the MOtel.  Please notice, I said MOtel not HOtel.  At this point, you might be asking yourself how one can tell the difference between MO and her slightly classier friend  HO.  Well, I have a few pictures that will help clear things up for you in case you are ever in a similiar situation.


July 25 (3/365)
When spending time at a HOtel one usually finds a plastic bag for dirty clothes neatly hanging in the closet.  If you are staying at a super classy HO then you might even have the option for a laundry service to take care of your soiled items.  When spending time at a MOtel, you have a retractable clothes line in your bathtub.  This way you can hang your undies up after you wash them in the sink?
HO's bathroom boasts one faucet that single handedly controls hot, cold and shower features.  We are all familiar with how they work.  What some of you may not be familiar with is MO's slightly older and outdated hardware.  It requires a lot of  manipulating and turning just to get the right temperature.
When you check in at HO's place you generally walk down an interior hallway and unlock your door.  The door generally opens to a hallwayish area of the room that also provide a small bit of privacy to the interior of the room.  MO doesn't care about privacy.  MO's door is reached by way of the parking lot.  MO's door opens up to reveal the entire room.  And did I mention that MO has giant windows that offer views of what else... the parking lot!
Depending on the upscaleness of HO, one might be greeted with a mini bar or at the very least clean glasses and an ice bucket with a couple of bottles of water.  MO doesn't do mini bars, but I am guessing she likes her beer.  Given that MO has a bottle opener screwed to the bathroom counter.  I guess that is so you don't try to steal it!

All joking aside, our experience at the MO wasn't horrid.  The rooms were clean, the breakfast was edible, and the towels were large.  Our two nights there did make me all the more grateful for our stuff to arrive!  And I wasn't the only one ready to be in our house.  Doodle was obviously getting bored because she was very entertained by cramming herself into Sadie's carseat!
July 24 (2/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment