Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Program Progress

Have I mentioned how much we love Doodle's school?  Main Street Preschool is wonderful.  We literally fell into it.  We enrolled her sight unseen and never looked back.  The school is extremely affordable and focuses on play and learning fun.  Both years that we have attended, they have held a scholarship fundraiser dinner.  The church hosts dinner, preschool parents donate desserts and everybody makes monetary donations for the meal.  The highlight of the meal is that the preschool children sign after dinner.    You may recall that Doodle's track record with programs is a work in progress.  We went from hiding and crying, to staying on stage, to minimal participation.  I wasn't holding my breath for any great success.
The whole event started out rocky.  I offered to make 2 pound cakes for dessert.  Normally, this is not a problem.  However, things were not going my way.  The pound cake that I have made 975 times decided that this was the day to leak out the bottom of the tube pan and burn all over the bottom of the oven.


April 24 (278/365)
Given that it was already after dinner and I was going to have to clean the oven before starting over, I did what any rational person would do.  I hung my head in shame and ran to the grocery store bakery.  The failed dessert donation did nothing to raise my hopes for Doodle performing in the show.  I did bribe her with a new pez dispenser, but still wasn't holding my breath.
Well, I was right, and I was wrong.  Doodle stayed on stage, she participated, and she caused quite a scene!
April 25 (279/365)



Doodle and her friend D had quite a good time on stage.  Even after Mrs. Laurie came to sit beside them on stage they didn't calm down.  Oh well, at least she participated this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment