Monday, May 7, 2012

Doodle's Future Job

One of the hardest things to adjust to during this Fellowship adventure has been the lack of control over My Favoritiest's schedule and the lack of give and take.  When he was in private practice, he worked long hours.  But he also got random days off.  He stayed at the hospital all night long then too, but I didn't have to wait in the waiting room to see our pediatrician.  And oh yeah, there was the monetary compensation that made all those long hours bearable.  In the almost 3 years we have been living the life of a Fellow, I haven't found many "perks" to his job.  Well, I finally figured it out.... access to an ultrasound machine:)  Pediatric Cardiologists have to learn to do fetal echocardiograms.  So.... they have to use the fancy ultrasound machine.  For me, this has meant a few extra ultrasounds so My Favoritest could practice his skills.  It has also meant that Doodle got to go with us and "see" her baby sister on the TV.  Doodle is interested for about 30 seconds and then is more interested in watching TV on the phone.  The last time we went, she decided that she was going to use my phone to document the event with pictures.  I ended up with lots of pictures of the floor, my water bottle and these two gems of My Favoritest and I.
April 29 (253/365)




Fast forward a couple of days and I am sitting on the couch.  Doodle tells me "open your belly mama" as she starts to pull my shirt up.  She has a flashlight in one hand and very serious look on her face.  She proceeded to put the flashlight on my belly and then with great concern looked at the tv and said "but mama, it's not working."  I was puzzled and couldn't quite figure it out.  The Bubbie was here and she immediately knew what Doodle was doing.  She was pretending to do an ultrasound on the baby.  


March 1 (256/365)





No comments:

Post a Comment