Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hat Matches

We spent a lovely Friday night at the UVA baseball game.  Before Doodle and I drove into town to pick up My Favoritest, he called and told Doodle to remember to get their matching ball caps.  Now, I don't know what life is like with your kids, but in our house anything that matches rules!  It doesn't matter what matches, food, hair, clothes, actions, it doesn't matter.  If you match Doodle, her heart is happy.  So you can imagine her disappointment when I pulled out those "matching" ball caps for Doodle to realize that they didn't match exactly.  Silly me, I told her when we got to the baseball game, we could get her and daddy new matches.  
It was the first thing she told her daddy when we picked him up.  It was also what she told the nice gentleman who took her ticket.  She couldn't wait to get her "matches with daddy".  Of course My Favoritest thought it was crazy to buy her a new ball cap just so she could match him.  I told him that matching with me was something easy and something that she could do any time she wanted.  Matching her daddy is harder, and sooner she won't want to match him at all.  He shrugged his shoulders, said your right, and headed to the hat vendor.  


This might be one of my favorite pictures of Doodle in a long time, except for the fact that after looking at the picture I realized how terrible short her shorts are.  Please know, that her booty shorts were replaced within 10 days of this photo being taking (and it was not shorts weather during those 10 days).
April 23 (247/365)
 And here is Doodle with her Daddy sporting their matches.  I love that she loves her Daddy!

 Even better than getting matches, was the giant bag of Kettle corn.  We all enjoyed that.  Pretty much that is what Doodle at for dinner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment