Monday, May 28, 2012

I Know This Much Is True

As the belly grows,


April 17 (271/365) 27wks 3 days


I am realizing how quickly time is flying.  It is definitely a mix of emotions for me.  I am over being pregnant, but know Sadie needs to cook more.  I am also aware that the closer we get to baby time the closer we get to move time.  Throughout the craziness of this pregnancy and transition, I have held on to a couple of personal truths.  First, everything happens for a reason and I cannot control it.  Second, God never gives you more than you can handle.  Nothing made me realize this more than a recent morning at Doodle's preschool.  As we walked into her hallway, I noticed a gift bag hanging on her coat hook.  When I looked inside, I found a sweet note from Doodle's former teacher Julie.  The note was wishing us well in all our upcoming adventures.  The end of the note said the she hoped the gift would keep us warm during our first PA winter.  Below the card, were 3 hand knitted sweaters and a beautiful lilac baby blanket.  A little love and warmth for everyone in our family.  I immediately teared up.  When we got home, Doodle immediately started playing with her scarf and of course had to show her special scarf to the dogs.


April 18 (272/365)


What I realized that day was that during our time in Virginia I have learned another personal truth.  God puts people in our path and even if we don't realize it at the time, there is a reason for them being there.  Julie is definitely one of those people.  When Doodle was in her class, she immediately understood my quirky not very verbal 2 year old.  She got what made her tick and was able to push her and help her to grow.  Julie always had something to share about their day, a funny story, a growing moment, or something for us to work on.  Because of their relationship, I often ended up chatting with Julie and we developed a bit of a school house friendship.  
As the school year began and Doodle adjusted to her new class, I continued to chat with Julie while waiting to pick Doodle up at the end of the day.  We swap kid stories, and adventures.  She was thrilled when we shared the news of a baby.  She was also one of the few people who immediately realized our dilemma regarding due date and moving.  She quietly reassured me (sometimes daily) that everything would work out.  When we got the results from our quad screen and we were faced with the possibility of Downs, Julie was one of the few people I shared with.  In some ways because we weren't super close it was easier to open up to her.  She had also shared some pregnancy difficulties with me, and I knew she would understand.  Throughout the weeks until our anatomy scan, she kept tabs on me, and encouraged me.  I don't know that she realized how much it meant and continues to mean to me.  The morning after our scan she oohed and aahhed at the sonogram picture and reassured me yet again. I know that she was put in my life for just this purpose, to help me remember what is really important.  I am so grateful for her constant presence, and the wonderful educational start she gave Doodle.  I will miss her greatly next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment