Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Little Love From B&Z

I am a lucky girl that my mom works in a public school.  Lucky because she gets vacations in the middle of the year and she chooses to spend those vacations with me.  Okay, maybe I am not the biggest draw, but their desire to see Doodle makes it so that I get to see them too.  This year spring break couldn't have come at a better time.  I was emotionally overwhelmed with my life and all the changes and stress that have come in the last few months.  Add to this that My Favoritest had been working crazy long hours for the past 6 weeks and I was really ready for extra adults in the house.  It was nice to not have to do everything for a few days.  And Doodle loved having The Bubbie and The Zayde "spin" time with her. Here's a bit of what the week looked like!


We started off the week with a visit from my Aunt Marianne and Uncle Rick.  My Favortiest and I hadn't seen them since our wedding (they live in South Dakota).  It was wonderful to spend a little time with them.  and I was so excited to introduce them to Doodle.


The next day The Bubbie was in charge of outdoor recreation supplies.  A long trip to Walmart yielded groceries for the week and lots of new outside toys to enjoy the spring weather.  Of course, what is a t-ball set without a family game of t-ball.
April 2 (257/365)





The fun of the new toys carried over into the next day.  Jayburb came over to check out the new stuff and play in the courtyard.  Now, Sisterwife and I like to think that our kids are well within the normal range of intelligence.  If you had watched them play a game I can only call "tree ball" you might question our judgement a little.  The basic idea was to throw a ball in the tree and try to get it stuck.  Of course the tree is small, the ball is big, and it didn't get stuck.  Instead, the tree and falling leaves repeatedly bounce in their faces.  This caused lots of giggling and incentive to repeat the process.... for at least an hour!
April 3 (258/365)
The weather turned cooler and it required indoor entertainment.  And what better way to entertain yourself inside then by flinging yourself onto the couch?  It gave me a chance to take my camera off auto and play with my settings.  I was pretty impressed with my ability to freeze her without the help of the camera.

April 4 (259/356)


Doodle was really excited that The Bubbie and The Zayde were going to be in town for her spring show at school.  I am sure B&Z were thrilled too.  Please remember The Zayde was the man who asked if he could pay extra money and not go to my dance recitals.  Well they came, they saw, and she didn't do much.  In the fall show, she hid and cried.  The Christmas show she sat on stage thanks to bribery.  This time she picked on her lip, chewed on her finger, and did participate in one song.  We are making progress.
April 5 (260/365)
Her one bit of participation "Here is the church"

As the visit went on, Doodle realized how captive her audience was.  She started to come up with new ways to entertain herself and her grandparents.  Her best creation was a set of "steps" made out of various stools in our house.  She would walk up the steps and reenact an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  It involves reaching high, the reach higher, now reach highest of all!
April 6 (261/365)
The visit ended with Passover and a lovely seder at Jayburbs house.  Here's a pic of Doodle and dressed up:)
April 7 (262/365)
After such a busy week, the only thing left to do was tell The Bubbie and The Zayde good bye and have a lazy lazy pajama day!




April 8 (263/365)

2 comments:

  1. How did you get a pic of the Beagle in which he is neither eating nor looking for something to eat? :)

    ReplyDelete