Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A South GA Christmas!

We arrived back in VA late on Wednesday night.  While we were gone, we made the decision to travel to GA for Christmas.  We had what I like to refer to as a 36 hour lay over at our house.  Just long enough to do laundry and pack for a warmer climate!  We also had enough time to dig out a menorah and light the candles.  Please remember that we were living in a state of exhaustion and we had not made any efforts to decorate for the season!  So, it took me a few minutes to dig the menorah and candles out.  Doodle was a little leery of the fire (a good thing I guess), but she did enjoy  watching them burn out.  She also really enjoyed the presents.


December 22 (154/365)
What's longer than a twelve hour drive with a toddler?  A 12 hour drive with a toddler, my Favoritest and a preggo lady who had to stop every couple of house.  It turned into a 14 hour trip.  I didn't remember to take any pictures.  I was just hoping to survive the drive.  So here is another picture from Muir Woods.  Look closely and you can see a face.


Decmber 23(155/365 missed)
Christmas Eve we headed to see Aunt Gina, Uncle Lyle, Granny, Jenny & MK.  I was excited for Doodle to spend some quality time with her extended family.  I was also excited for my Favoritest to spend some time with his family.  It is rare these days that he gets to visit home.  I brought along some cookie mix for Doodle to make cookies for Santa.  In the complicated life of an interfaith family, Santa comes with presents.  However, Santa doesn't come to Bubbie and Zayde's house, so he was going to leave Doodle's present at Uncle Lyle and Aunt Gina's house.  I know it is complicated:)  Anywho, I was catching up with my nieces and Doodle got busy making cookies.  I came out and she immediately wanted me to take over, so like a good mom, I left the room.  Then hid and took this picture.

December 24 (156/365)
All Doodle had been talking about was that Santa was going to bring her a camera if she made good choices.  Well, she made good choices and she was delighted to find a camera in her pile of presents.  She looks every bit the part of serious photographer.  Don't worry, the camera has a memory card and when I have the time I will post some of her best shots!  
December 25 (157/365)
We finished off our quick trip to GA with another day of visiting friends and family around South Ga.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner with Bubbie and Zayde, and of course Doodle enjoyed more presents!

December 26 (158/365)
The only thing worse that a 12 hour drive turned into a 14 hour drive is realizing that you have this to deal with the morning after!
December 27 (159/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment