Thursday, January 12, 2012

Black Eyed P, X, & Z

When I started this 365 project, I thought I might work off of a list and had sort of a mission for each day.  Then I decided that was too much structure and wouldn't allow me to tell our story.  But before I scratched the list, one of the things on it was to take a picture of all the letters of the alphabet.  I just so happened upon this "Z" out of sticks on our sidewalk.  Pretty cool!
November 28 (129/365)

Well, it had to happen sometime.  We survived 3 plus years without any major bumps or bruises.  And then came the splat heard round the house.  Doodle fell out of her chair and landed on her face.  Specifically her eye!  And now she is my little black eyed P:)

November 29 (130/365)


So, I know I mention in a previous post about crawling out of the fog that was the first trimester, but here is some proof as to how bad it got.  I was laying in bed at ohhh 10:00 PM and had already woken up once (yes I was asleep well before 8:00 many nights in the last 6 weeks).  I realized I hadn't take a picture.  I went downstair to find something to take a picture of.  I couldn't find anything except the disaster that was our living room.  Then I started to count the shoes.  And I had to laugh.  Don't worry, there are 2 or 3 pairs that I couldn't get in the shot! I counted 6 can you find them all?
November 30 (131/365)
Managed to find 2 letters in the same week:)
December 1 (132/365)
So the day after the splat heard round the house, my Favoritest looked at Doodle's eye and due to bruising and swelling around the entire eye, he thought I might need to check in with the pediatrician.  So I called.  The nurse basically said if she wasn't in pain, it was probably fine.  She said it would be black and blue and purple and yellow for a couple of weeks.  My reply was..."I guess to no holiday card picture for us".  She quickly came back with "or you could go funny!".  And with that an idea began to form.  It involved boxing gloves (borrowed from a neighbor), a girly dress for contrast, and the help of my awesome cousin Barbara:)  Here was the rough draft
December 2 (133/356) 
And the final product after much help from Barbara!
I love the way birthday parties give us all an excuse to be child like.  I could't resist using this picture of our neighbor.  He is always able to get into whatever the kids are doing.  

December 3 (134/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment