Saturday, January 14, 2012

December 5-11

She works hard for the money!  One of the things I am adamant about is making sure Doodle never thinks that being little is an excuse for not doing or not trying things.  People laugh/cut their eyes at me as I make my tiny 3 year old struggle to climb up on a chair or reach for something just beyond her grasp.  My philosophy is that there is always going to be something a little to high or to far back for her to reach.  I should know, it is my life.  So instead of helping her do it, or doing it for her, we tend to sit back and watch her problem solve and figure it out on her own.  So, here is our tiny one emptying the silverware.  Even with a stool she can't reach to back row, but we still make her pull her own weight:)

December 5 (136/365)
Doodle does not talk about school.  She goes 3 days a week.  I know she is learning and having fun, but very rarely does she talk about it.  What I do know is that they must work really hard at staying in line.  That has been her theme when playing with her friends lately.  I will hear her say "now, stay in line.  No falling.  Turn around."  It is pretty funny to listen to!

December 6 (137/365)

In the midst of my newly pregnant haze, I got invited to a cookie exchange.  I love cookies.  I love parties.  I was exhausted. The thought of making 6 dozen cookies was almost too much considering cooking dinner had become exhausting.  But, somehow the promise of cookies was enough motivation to get me baking.  Red Velvet Shortbread Cookies dipped in white chocolate.  Yummy!  And pretty too.  Thanks to a birthday party favor cookie cutter Doodle got at a recent party:)

December 7 (138/365)
Imagine my surprise when I walked in the door to find this....Doodle dancing up a storm in her puppy hat that she "got at the circus.  But I didn't like the circus cause I didn't feel so well, and I sit in the car and wait for Jayburb".  Priceless!
December 8 (139/365)
So due to the previously mentioned complete energy depletion, Curly and the Gang didn't really get into the holiday spirit.  We did manage to start a new tradition by bringing out our Elf on the Shelf for the first time.  We named her Markie. Doodle wasn't too sure about the whole thing to start with.  As for my Favoritest and I, we just tried to remember move the dang thing every night.  Needless to say, we weren't always the most creative, but it did help bring a little holiday spirit to our little home.
December 9 (140/365)
I was upstairs putting Doodle down for her nap ( don't hate me she still naps 4/5 days).  We noticed this on the carpet.  A little sunny smile:)  It was made from the shadow of her playhouse door.
December 10 (141/365)
Since we didn't get into the holiday spirit, the least we could do was enjoy our neighbors decor!  I love the holiday season because you can see into people's homes and and enjoy the twinkling lights of their trees.  This was the view from the back door of our house.
December 11 (142/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment