Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Old is New

Hanukkah came and went while we were traveling the country.  We definitely celebrated each night, either by iPhone app or actual flame.  The problem was that Doodle's big present was too difficult to take along with us to GA.  Sooooo, since she is 3 and had no clue about how long Hanukkah really is, we added a day.  Not exactly right, but it is a minor holiday, so I won't have too much guilt.  The gift was a doll house. But not just any doll house.  It was my doll house from when I was a little girl.  It was built by our landlord in Germany.  My original plan was to paint it and fix it up.  But when I saw it again for the first time, I decided to leave it as it was.  My parent's didn't save a ton of stuff from when we were kids, but what they saved is sentimental and worth keeping.   Being a military brat, I am more attached to things that houses.  I liked things in the same place each time we moved.  To this day, I make Bubbie put lladros in the exact same place they have lived my whole life.  So, maybe that's why I like having the doll house around.  Doodle isn't quite as ready for the doll house as I thought she would be, but I love having it in my house.  I love being able to pass it down to her.I know Doodle will grow into it and enjoy it as much as I did.  Thankfully it doesn't have an expiration date or a cool factor to come and go.


December 28 (160/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment