Friday, July 29, 2011

Three Generation Stay-cation 2011

So, the Southeastern Road Trip 2011 finally came to an end, and what a great trip it was!  It was the first time in a long time I felt like I got a vacation.  I had lots of time to sit back and enjoy peace and even a little bit of quite!  This trip marked the second annual "Triple Generation Vacation" (I just made that title up).   last year after  The Bubbie (my mom), Doodle and I spent a week at the beach, we decided to make it an annual tradition. However, Doodle as mentioned previously, does not love the beach.  Because of this, The Bubbie and I decided to have a stay-cation.  We both made a commitment to spend lots of time together, not go visit a million people, and not have a million people over to see us.  The Bubbie also decided to use the money we would have spent renting a condo doing fun things and spoiling our selves instead.  And that is just what we did.  It was so wonderful to sit back and enjoy my family.  It was great to let Doodle spend lots of QT with The Bubbie.  What was even more wonderful about having a stay-cation was that Doodle and I got to spend time with The Zayde (my dad) and Uncle Hank (my brother).  She and I spent the 2 weeks in South GA making memories with our family!  I had a hard gathering my thoughts, so I ended up with this:


Top 10 Memories and Moments from the Triple Generation Stay-cation

10.  You Are My Sunshine sounds best when sung as a trio made up of grandmother, mother, daughter


9.  Play Doh and Cookie Monster can bring out the kid in all of us


8.  Swimming lessons are more fun when The Bubbie and The Zayde take you




7.  Sometimes you just have to dance


6.  Eagle Brand tastes even better when you share it with those you love



5.  Listening to The Bubbie read one of my favorite childhood books never gets old


4.  Rainy days don't get me down when they are spent at the mall with The Bubbie playing at the make-up counter


3.  You are never to old to have birthday cake and celebrate with your family




2.  The Zayde  has really big boots to fill!




1.  Going to bed is  so much more fun when The Zayde swings you into bed "one more time"







Whoever said you can't go home, didn't have my family!  I am so lucky to have the relationship I have with my parents.  I am also so lucky to have the relationship I do with my brother, it wasn't always this good!  Most of all, I am so thankful that I can share those relationships with my daughter!


P.S.  I seem to remember saying I was going to attempt a 365 photo challenge.  Well, I tried to start on my birthday.  I already missed a day (while driving), but plan to post pics/thoughts soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment