Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Week My Favoritest Left- Part One

About a month ago (I have been a little sporatic in my postings) My Favoritest had to go out of town for an entire week. Normally, I am okay with staying alone. don't get me wrong, I don't like it. I will admit that I am scared of the dark, things that go bump in the night, and I am pretty sure that anything I have ever seen on Criminal Minds will happen when I am alone in my house. All that being said, I usually can handle it. But, this go round I started to panic. I was terrified of being alone. It had very little to do with single parenting for a week, I mean I do that most days anyway. It had more to do with the irrational fear that something bad would happen and I would have no one to help me or take care of the girls.

In an effort to not have to be alone, I sent a sad and pathetic text to my friend Beverly. She loves to travel and is always up for an adventure. We texted back and forth swapping scheduling details and she said she would talk with her husband and get back to me. A couple of days later she called me and said she was coming for a few days! My heart soared from the relief and then I started planning all the fun we could have!

And fun is exactly what we had. SJ wasn't a total hot mess and we explored the city like we were both tourists!

We started the week off by enjoying a dinner without the girls. My Favoritest hadn't left yet so after I picked Beverly up from the airport we headed out to window shop and eat a nice dinner. It was heavenly! The next morning we dropped Doodle off at school, where we left her until 4:00. Have I mentioned that I love the existance of extended day! After leaving school we headed into the city to take river boat cruise. The weather was gorgeous and the boat ride was great. I took a ton of pictures and I am now going to bore you with a handful of my favorites!

Beverly, SJ, and I getting ready to sail away on the Monongahela River, or maybe the Allegany River, or the Ohio River. At some point we sailed on all three of them, but I don't know what it was when we started our trip!

Given the 3 rivers I just mentioned, there are a ton of bridged in Pitty. The river cruise was a great way to see them up close. They are all different colors and shapes. They are really pretty and when you go under them in a boat have a nice echo acoustic!
This sunburst is on one of my favorite pictures from the day. I love the sun, clouds, and metal all in the same shot!

The other intersting thing Beverly and I noticed was a church steeple on the top of Mt. Washington. It was visible from so many angles and I had fun taking shots of the same thing from different perspectives.





The next day we packed both girls up and headed to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. Not anywhere near as cool as the Field Museum but lots to see and look at and even a few things for Doodle to "do".

Doodle "listening" to the information about digging for dinosaur bones.

My furture archeologist digging for dinosaur bones, before the museum docents told her that she had to wear the protective goggles if she wanted to dig.
And my Doodle after she put her goggles back on. I am in LOVE with this picture. It is truly my favorite in a long time!
We took this picture just for Zayde. When he was in college Zayde had a bob cat (creatively named Cat) as a pet.
After we left the museum we had a lovely lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and then headed to the Duquene Incline. The inclines were used back in the day to get people from the city to Mt. Washington.

I took the picture of the Incline the day before from the river.

View of the city from the top of Mt. Washington
And while this isn't anything super interesting, I love this picture. It's a shot of a fence along the sidewalk at the top of Mt. Washington. I like it so much I am toying with the idea of having it printed on a canvas and hanging it in my living room. Whatcha think?




No comments:

Post a Comment