Sunday, September 4, 2011

In the Details

So it seems the closer I get to keeping up with this blog, the farther behind I fall.  Oh, well.  Here's a couple of pics and thoughts to help me catch up a little. 




Here's the last picture from our recent trip to Bethany Beach DE.  
August 25 (35/365)
This is Doodle's shadow.  It was taken while she was jumping off a step.  Imagine, Doodle jumping! The picture itself wasn't very interesting.  But the shadow was really cool! The funny thing is, I brought the camera out for a totally different reason.  We had silly string for the kids.  Sisterwife and I bribed the kids with a really cools surprise if they would take a nap.  We thought it was a cool surprise.  The kids, not so much.  Funny how that works out.  They weren't strong enough to push the nozzle.  Doodle didn't like the way the string felt.  She was more entertained by tree climbing attempts.  Being moms that never give up, Sisterwife and I just kept spraying, 3 cans worth of silly string.  Then we spent a good 10 minutes cleaning up the mess.  The kids thought this was.... not so fun at all!  I guess we get points for trying.  

Sadly our time at the beach came to an end, and we headed back to Crozet.  Along with a million other people evacuating Irene.  It took what seemed like forever to get home.  We hit the road with 2 cars, 3 kids, and one dog at 6:00AM.  By the time we pulled into the parking lot, it was a little after 2:00.  I was exhausted and my camera was the last thing on my mind.  I put Doodle to bed, and unloaded the car.  On my first trip in, I noticed a butterfly on the door.  While I got the camera the butterfly moved.  Good thing I had such easy inspiration, or I might have missed a day!

August 26 (36/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment