Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm 3 and I Can Do It All By My Self!

So, I have been waiting and waiting to write this blog.  Unfortunately life has gotten in the way.  I have been obsessed with Doodle's birthday party for the last 2 weeks (pics are coming, I promise) and haven't made time to blog.  Anyway, this picture has been on my mind a lot.  Here is the phone conversation that preceded the picture:

Sisterwife: Hey!  Jayburb wants to know if Doodle can come out to play.
Me: Sure.  We would love to come out.
Sisterwife: Oh good!  And you will also get to see Jayburb's outfit.  He did such a great job dressing himself after his nap (please imagine your best "little ears are listening" mom voice.
Me: We can't wait!  See you a few minutes.

When we arrive outside, we find Jayburb in what can only be called an "outfit" if you reside in Toddlerland.  Good thing Sisterwife warned me, and I thought to bring the camera.  The picture is in black and white, and while it captures a lot of other things, it doesn't do the clothing justice.  The shorts are red and a little shiny.  They are pulled up as far on his mid section as possible.  He is wearing a perfectly cute rhinoceros backwards (notice to tushie on the front).  

As Jayburb got situated outside, he wanted to ride his bike.  He had to put on his helmet.  And as Mayor of Toddlerland, he had to "do it by himself"!  And that is the picture I got.

September 2 (43/365)

As soon as I took the picture, I knew it would capture "3" perfectly.  So determined to do things on their own.  So proud of what they can accomplish.  I just love how intense his face is!  Eventually he allowed me to help him line up the buckle!  But he did do a lot of the work by himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment