Sunday, September 4, 2011

Got Milk?

Saturday and Sunday mornings are stay in bed days at our house.  Typically, my Favoritest gets up to feed the dogs, and gather milk and Froot Loops for Doodle.  I get Doodle up and changed and settled in our bed with a movie.  My Favoritest returns and we all settled in for a little relaxation.  Favoritest goes back to sleep, Doodle watches tv and chats with us, I read.  It helps break up the monotony of being a stay at home mom.  Eventually, Doodle looses interest in the TV and wants to eat a real breakfast.  Usually, I end up taking her down and letting my Favoritest get a little more shut eye.  Last week, I was lucky  enough that my Favoritest took Doodle downstairs while I read some more.  When I came down about 45 minutes later, Doodle started telling me she was hungry.  My Favoritest forgot that she might need more to eat.  He went up to shower, and I was left with fixing breakfast.... again.  
Doodle requested Daddy's cereal (Frosted Flakes, I know we are healthy cereal eaters) with milk.  She normally eats dry froot loops.  We tried cereal with milk about 6 months ago and it was a disaster we haven't revisited.  But, since she asked, I gave it a shot.  Amazingly, she ate the whole bowl and then wanted to drink her milk like Mommy does.  In a strange way, this picture made me a little sad.  It is proof that she really is turning into a kid and not a toddler anymore!


August 27 (37/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment