Sunday, December 16, 2012

Table For 3 Plus 1

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I am a fat girl at heart, so you know it has a little to do with the food:) But more importantly it has to do with consistency. As a military brat, there weren't many things in our life that were celebrated the in the same place with the same people year after year after year. Thanksgiving was the exception to that. The first year we lived in Valdosta (when I was 4) we were invited to "The Farm". It is the family farm of our adopted family, and we have gathered there almost every year since! Since my Favoritest and I got married, we have swapped years between his family and mine. Last year we didn't go anywhere, our parents came to us. This year, we didn't go anywhere, and we didn't have anyone come to us. I will admit, I put on a brave face to my mom and told her we would be fine. I was secretly sad and dreading the loneliness that I knew would creep in. And even though we missed all of our family, I will be the first to admit it was a wonderful day!

The weather was fantastic.

 

The kids were happy.

 

We had lots of spin time as a family!

Doodle helped me make stuffing like her Granny does (even though she didn't eat more than her required 3 bites)

 

 

We put SJ to bed early and had a nice dinner. I busted out the china and crystal. Doodle ate from my grandmother's dishes and my heart smiled.


I even used the china soup bowls from my Aunt Reva.
 
Although I am sure kraft mac and cheese was not quite what she imagined me serving in them!
 
It was a far cry from Thanksgiving last year when I spent the entire weekend worried about SJ! We have so much to be thankful for!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment