Saturday, December 15, 2012

Misses and Makeups!

So, I am going to jump backwards a little bit and talk about our failed DC adventure. To put it mildly, it wasn't at all what I had hoped for! The entire trip was a suprise to Doodle. And that is the only part that actually did work out! Here is a video of her when she realized that Bubbie was at the hotel! (I can't figure out how to put the video directly in here, so I had to use a youtube link)

I can't even remember what night we arrived at the hotel, because we only stayed one night! Stupid Super Storm Sandy ruined our plans! We did manage to have dinner with my cousin Jodi and it was worth the trip just to see her and have her meet my girls! Here are a few pictures from our one night stand in DC!



We arrived home from DC safe, sound, and sorely disappointed. I perked up and celebrated Halloween, but all the while sad for our missed adventure to DC and the trip to VA that was supposed to follow. To make matters even more somber, My Favoritest was studying for his pediatric cardiology boards. Otherwise known as his "we paid a bazillion dollars for you to take this test and it is only offered one day every TWO years and you really need to pass so we have a job and it is causing unbelievable stress in our house boards". So after much discussion (about a 5 minute conversation) Sisterwife and I decided the only prudent thing to do was evacuate the premisis so My Favoritest could study.

When traveling with an infant, time revolves around feeding and sleeping. Anything else falls by the wayside. Because of SJ's schedule I knew we would be arriving in VA a little to early to head to Sisterwife's house (she had some previous plans). Since we were going to have a little time to kill, I sent a text message to my friend Julie and we sort of invited ourselves to her house for a quick visit. Julie was Doodle's teacher when she was two, and we both fell in love with her! If you want to know why read this. Julie and I developed a friendship that has grown as challenges have crept up for us both. When I sat in the hospital on mag and movers at my house, Julie came and kept me company. When she has been dealing with issues with her kids, I hope I have been a supportive ear. Julie has a beautiful home with a million billion dollar view. She lives down a road at the top of Afton Mountain. I often drove past the road and thought you'd have to be carzy to live down that road! Or have an awesome piece of property with a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains that will make you look out your window each day and know that God exists! It is that beautiful! Anyway, I digress. We stopped for a visit with Julie and her family. She has twins (Cole and Maddie), who Doodle thinks are the coolest kids in the world. Lucky for Doodle, they think she is pretty cool too. Lucky for me that they are super sweet, generous, and responsible kids who took Doodle out to chase chickens and play on the swing set so Julie and I could visit. It was a great start to our trip and my only regret is that we forgot to take a picture of the kids!

We spent a lovely few days in VA. Upon our arrival, Trouble started running a fever. For some folks this might put a damper on the visit, but not us. All it did was force us to slow down and stay home! Jayburb and Doodle had the best time playing. They did nothing but play for 2 whole days! Doodle went with Sisterwife and Jayburb to vote. She may or may not have voted against her Zayde's ticket, but she had a very nice civics lesson and will make sure you know not to ask who people voted for! Anyway, long story short, we had a great visit and took home lots of memories and Trouble's bug that we still haven't gotten rid of!









No comments:

Post a Comment