Monday, November 7, 2011

October 22-27

Pumpkin Pickin


One of my favorite things about the fall is heading to the pumpkin patch.  Thankfully on the one weekend day that we had the opportunity to go as a family the weather was gorgeous.  We had a wonderful morning outside and picked out a few pumpkins.  
October 22 (93/365)
Discovery At Every Turn


Because of My Favoritest's work schedule, Doodle and I had a lot of meals just the two of us for about two weeks.  My attention was not always as good as it should be.  I had magazines or my phone at the table sometimes.  Not the best example I know, but there is only so many meals one can eat with a 3 year old before you start to loose your mind.  As a result of my lack of table manners, Doodle was also playing at the table a little more than we normally allow.  One night while she was playing, she discovered her reflection in her spoon.  She also discovered that it turned upside down when you looked in the rounded part.  A couple of nights later I managed to get this picture of her.  Not without much bribery mind you! But I think the end result was worth it!


October 23 (94/365)
Project Time


Everyday I try to be the mommy I want to be.  I want to be the mommy who cooks with her unruly preschooler, plays the funnest games at the playground, and make homemade treats together.  I decided to be that mommy just before Halloween.  I found an idea for these jars in a magazine and was determined Doodle and I would make them together.  It was actually a great project to do together.  She had fun doing a little bit of the painting.  The best part in her mind was turning on and off the candles:)  It was a great way to spend the morning and a way to teach her about giving things to others.


October 24 (95/365)
All The Leaves Are Brown!


Not much more to say about this picture.  The leaves have been pretty and Doodle is fascinated by their changing colors.  We talk about it daily!


October 25 (96/365)
Mommy Juice 

A couple of weeks ago a friend suggested having a playdate at one of the local vineyards.  I figured it would be nice and I was in need of adult conversation.  At the end of the playdate my only sadness was that we hadn't done this more often throughout the fall!  What a great place to hang out with adults while the kids play.  They had a huge field to run and frolic.  I brought some bubbles and fly swatters.  They all got along with minimal adult intervention.  The mommies actually got to sit.  We talked, and laughed.  We discussed fashion and family and frustrations.  We didn't have to constantly worry about who was where and what they were doing.  When I uploaded pictures, I got this and thought it summed up our playdate perfectly.  The relaxing adirondak chairs in focus and the kids kind of blurry in the background.  They were there, but not to only thing going on with us that afternoon.  I am so lucky to have such cool mommy friends!

October 26 (97/365)
Little Surprises 

As Doodle and I were coming in the house, I noticed a little nest in our tree.  The tree is a paper birch (thanks Princess) and has already provided me with several photo opportunities.  So here is one more.  I hope to be able to watch it and see who lives there and if they grow a little family.


October 27 (98/365)
Ooops!


I thought I had forgotten to take a picture again.  I was going to cut myself some slack.  After all I have only missed one day in almost 100.  Not too bad.  Two missed pictures wouldn't be that bad.  It would still be a 98% success rate.  I was okay with it.  Then I remembered I snapped a picture on my phone to send to a friend.  So not a great picture, but at least it counts and I have only missed one day!


October 28 (99/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment