Saturday, November 26, 2011

Daddy's Girl

So my parents and my mother in law hit the road about 4 hours ago.  I already miss them.  Even though our house is busting at the seams with all of them here, I am so grateful for their company and their help.  I know my mom has fun when she comes.  We can do nothing and still  make memories.  My dad on the other hand, appears to get bored pretty easily.  He didn't bring his golf clubs because usually November is anything but golfing weather in VA.  This trip we kept him busy helping to paint Sisterwife's new house.  He also had play dates with Doodle and Jayburb (who claimed that Zayde is his Zayde too!).  All in all, I think he had a good visit with us.  Any time I am around my daddy, I am reminded that I am such a "Daddy's girl".  At 33 I still look to him for approval for big decisions.  He can still make me cry using a certain tone of voice, and his laugh can light up a room.  He has a heart of gold and we do anything for someone he loves.   He loves my kid with all his heart, and he love my dogs too:) So, in the spirit of this admiration, here a couple of pics of my daddy.


November 19 (121/365)
November 20 (122/365)
Did I mention his laughter lights up a room!  Imagine what it sounds like with my sweet Doodle's high pitched giggle mixed in with his big baritone belly laugh!  Music to my ears.  Oh by the way, my kid has a magical power to look like a million different family members.  She looks so much like him in the picture!  And there is no doubt that she is the apple of his squinty eyes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment